Monday, June 27, 2011

Independence Day - July 4th, 2011

Independence Day - July 4th, 2011


I am so looking forward to this 4th of July. I love the Fireworks most of all, but I enjoy the picnic that my family puts together, also. I went looking for the meaning of the day and found that it was just what it says; Our Independence from King George III. I pulled up a copy of the declaration which lists our grievances
against his rule. The most striking thing to me was something I learned in
Grade school:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, otherwise known as Freedom. The freedom to speak our minds and worship our god without worry of imprisonment. The freedom to walk on the street in a t-shirt and jeans or a skirt and a blouse. The freedom to go to school, get educated, and choose whatever career you want. The freedom to go where ever you please, talk to whom ever you wish, and say whatever you want.

So, I will pop my fireworks and eat my potato salad and enjoy the day with my friends and family knowing that it is truly a day to celebrate. I hope you will enjoy the day also, but mostly, I hope you will enjoy your freedom.

Combotronics is an Industrial Electronics Repair facility. If you need electronic repair, re-manufacturing, or rebuilding, call us at 1-800-331-5941, or email us at tech@combotronicsinc.com.

Find us on Twitter (@CombotronicsInc) and Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Combotronics

-CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment